Mandarine, Blood Oranges, and Lemon caramelised marmalade
So this didn’t start as a “caramelised” type marmalade. But that’s how it ended 🙂
Mandarine, Blood Orange, Lemon marmalade
Servings: 4 jars
- Heavy base pot
- 2 bowls
- a piece of muslin
- 1.2 kg Mandarine ( many mandarines…)
- 230 g Blood Orange ( 4 medium size oranges )
- 444 g Lemon ( 2 large lemons )
- 200 ml water
Preparation. Knife Skillz test…
- Slice a mandarine in half, then slice in half again.
- Slice each quarter in approximately 5mm slices.
- Move each pip to one bowl, and the fruit to the other one.
- Repeat with all the fruits.
Isolating the seeds to harness the pectin
- put all your seeds in your muslin. Tie in a small bag. I tie mine in a way that leaves a long end, which I can then block between the pot and the lid, so I dont have to fish for it later.
Cooking phase one. The fruit.
- In the large pot, add all the fruit.
- Add some water.